Shasta Forestry Challenge – September 25 to 28, 2019
Mountain Meadows Camp, Shingletown
2019 Event Program | 2019 Focus Topic Question | 2019 Presentation Scoresheet
2019 Student Evaluations | 2019 Teacher Evaluations
2019 Photo Album | Highest Scoring Presentation
The 2019 Shasta Forestry Challenge was classic forestry with a modern twist, with 89 students and 18 teachers from 14 schools in attendance. The focus topic site was a 120-acre parcel owned by Shasta Forests Timberlands and managed by W.M. Beaty & Associates. Using a computer program called Visual Forester Professional and data collected from plots set up in the parcel, students were able to visually model various management options and recommend the most economical, logical, and legal prescription.
The results below are out of a possible 250 points:
- First Place: Nevada Union High School Team #18, 205.2 points
- Second Place: Anderson New Technology High School Team #14, 204.3 points
- Third Place: Trinity High School Team #22, 202.3 points
- Fourth Place: Shasta Charter Academy Team #8, 199.7 points
- Fifth Place: Anderson New Technology High School Team #13, 197.8 points
Fort Bragg High School won the Pacing Contest, with Shasta Charter Academy and Etna High School coming in second and third.
Other schools at the Challenge were: Golden Eagle Charter, Northern Summit Academy, Mount Shasta, Porterville, Yreka, and Weed.