We thought this page would help you most efficiently if it was organized as a list with links to items you will need as you work through the process.
- File field trip request paperwork with your district, using information from the site address document and event flier. If necessary, you can use last year’s Teacher Evaluation Form Summary to make the case for participation with your administration.
- Plan a recruiting meeting for students to gauge interest. Prepare a notice for the school bulletin.
- At the recruiting meeting, use the website to explain the program. Useful items on the website are the TV News story, a video of the facility, the 2017 slideshow, and the sample schedule.
- Contact parents and share the parent page and parent letter with them, which provides parent-relevant information about the Forestry Challenge. Ask them to complete and return the age-appropriate release form.
- We are asking that you complete the adult release form so we have your insurance information.
- Use the student page for your study sessions.
- Payment is due upon arrival to the event. Once you have a final headcount, please fill out the fee calculator, which can be used as an invoice and is linked above.
- Checks should be made payable to Forestry Educators Incorporated (FEI). If parents are paying with individual checks, we’d prefer that you collect the money through one account and send one check for payment.
- Complete and submit the online Registration Form by September 14.
- Contact me with any changes in the student roster after the registration deadline.