These links will be updated for the 2018 event at the beginning of the school year.
We thought this page would help you most efficiently if it was organized as a list with links to items you will need as you work through the process.
- File fieldtrip request paperwork with your district, using information from the site address document and event flier. If necessary, you can use last year’s Teacher Evaluation Form Summary to make the case for participation with your administration.
- Plan a recruiting meeting for students to gauge interest. Prepare a notice for the school bulletin.
- At the recruiting meeting, use the website to explain the program. Useful items on the website are the TV News story, a video of the facility, the 2017 slideshow, and the sample schedule.
- Contact parents and share the parent page with them, which provides parent-relevant information about the Forestry Challenge. Ask them to complete and return the age-appropriate release form (available soon).
- We are asking that you complete the adult release form (available soon) so we have your insurance information.
- Use the student page for your study sessions.
- Payment is due by September 15. Once you have a final headcount, please email us with the number of students, number of adults, and number of children, and we will send an invoice to you so you pay the correct amount.
- Send checks made payable to Forestry Educators Incorporated (FEI) to: 3140 Sierrama Drive, Shingle Springs, CA 95682. If parents are paying with individual checks, we’d prefer that you collect the money through one account and send one check for payment.
- Complete and submit the online Registration Form by September 15.
- Contact me with any changes in the student roster after the registration deadline.