Sequoia Forestry Challenge – October 12 to 15, 2016
Great weather and a beautiful lake, on which the students canoed and row-boated during their free time, were the highlights of the 2016 Sequoia Forestry Challenge. Fifty-six students and 9 teachers from 7 schools participated in the event. The results are below out of a possible 250 points:
- First Place: Reedley High School, 208.7 points
- Second Place: Coalinga High School, 192.7 points
- Third Place: Monache High School Team #11, 186.3 points
- Fourth Place: Monache High School Team #13, 184.7 points
- Fifth Place: Delta High School Team Team #3, 178.3 points
Reedley High School also won the Pacing Contest, with a distance of 66′ 2″. Sequoia High School placed second and Coalinga placed third.
Other schools at the Challenge were: Eleanor Roosevelt Community Learning Center and Littlerock High School.