El Dorado Forestry Challenge – October 26 to 29, 2022
The El Dorado Forestry Challenge had 112 students from 16 schools in attendance. The focus topic for this event was to collect data on natural regeneration within Leoni Meadows after the Caldor fire. The students determined if the natural regeneration of seedlings was sufficient to support the growth of a new, healthy and diverse forest environment across the 900 acre property.
The results below are out of a possible 250 points:
- First Place: El Dorado Team 15 – 212.7 Points
- Second Place: Mira Loma Team 16 – 209.0 Points
- Third Place: Vista Del Lago Team 7 – 205.8 Points
- Fourth Place: Golden Sierra Team 3 – 196.8 Points
- Fifth Place: John F. Kennedy Team 2 – 191.0 Points
Placer High School won the Pacing Contest, with Folsom High School and El Dorado High School coming in second and third, respectively.
Other schools at the Challenge were: West Campus, Pacific Crest Academy, Elenor Roosevelt Community Learning Center, Mountain Oaks, Cordova, Grant Union, Charter University Prep, Ponderosa, and Sequoia Grove Charter.
2022 El Dorado Forestry Challenge Group Photo